Closing date: Open until Filled
Manager – Bridges and Structure (Regular Full Time)
Engineering & Public Works Department
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Engineering, the Manager – Bridges and Structures will lead projects and programs for the Engineering and Public Works Department for the City of Victoria related to bridges, structural assets and other major public infrastructure.
The Manager will ensure the successful planning and implementation of infrastructure and related engineering projects by working collaboratively with multidisciplinary consultants, internal divisions/departments and external stakeholders.
The Manager will lead planning and capital projects, asset management programs, coastal adaptation/resilience for bridges, structural assets, waterfront and coastal infrastructure and other critical public assets. These projects involve numerous internal and external stakeholders, expedited construction and delivery timelines.
- Develop, recommend and implement through-life asset management plans and strategies for the City’s bridges, structural assets, waterfront and coastal infrastructure including development of inspection, testing and maintenance management programs using corporate asset management software and systems.
- Manage capital construction projects and control the project lifecycle scope, cost and schedule.
- Develop and build on established partnerships with internal and external stakeholders necessary to successfully deliver on project objectives; ensuring that stakeholders are identified, engaged, informed and given opportunities to shape project details as applicable.
- Develop and recommend annual capital projects and operating funding for inclusion in the annual City budget cycles.
- Support and administer contracts and management of technical consultants retained to support project planning, design and implementation.
- Develop and maintain project documentation in accordance with the City’s Project Management Framework.
- Coordinate and manage the construction of internally and externally delivered civil infrastructure projects, with a focus on minimizing impacts to residents, business owners and the public.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on infrastructure management to departmental stakeholders and senior organization leaders with input from engineering consultants and support from leadership to inform and direct decision making.
- Provide expert advice and support to internal stakeholders for other transportation asset management priorities including road paving, sidewalks and electrical.
- University Engineering Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- A minimum 7 years of progressive experience in design, construction management, asset condition/asset management and project management
- Experience in project management, including planning, detailed design, construction, and contract management of related engineering projects
- Registered in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists BC as a Professional Engineer
- Accredited project management training (e.g. PMP certification, tertiary qualification) would be considered an asset
- Experience with Master Municipal Construction Documents (MMCD)
- Proven leadership ability and a demonstrated track record in resolving project issues/conflicts in a timely and effective manner
- Proven experience in dealing with multiple tasks and managing and delivering to competing deadlines
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal clients and external partners
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical writing and public speaking skills
To apply for this opportunity you will need to create an online profile or log back in to our career portal at www.victoria.ca/jobs - only online submission will be considered. All applications must be submitted online by 4:30 pm on the closing date noted on the posting. Please be prepared to provide proof of qualifications and supporting materials as outlined in your resume.
At the City of Victoria, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
If you require assistance, please email us at email@example.com.